For these applications, a possibility to install “high speed rollup automatic doors” is a welcome convenience for both plant designers and operators.
The PAL 150 “SP” function is : “automate” operators traffic and “isolate” rooms with different environments with no need for sectional barriers. These room environments usually require doors with special features such as :
- Frequent wash down capability. This is mandatory in the food processing industry
- Positive air tight feature. In the chemical-pharmaceutical and food industries the processing rooms are rated “white area”, thus their individual environments are over-pressurized to prevent outside pollution from entering. More the door is airtight less the energy costs to keep the room over pressurized will be.
- Reliable operation. Due to these special environments this automatic door must operate without special maintenance downtime.
In order to isolate rooms, each with different air temperature and quality , the leak proof feature of standard high speed roll up doors may not prove sufficient.
The new PAL 150 “SP” design allows best air tightness between the flexible curtain and the side tracks. This is achieved by special low friction, wear-resistant strips applied on either side of the curtain.
The design of PAL 150 “SP” door features a header box with a rotary drum and a mobile bulkhead which prevents unwanted air entrapment from the uppermost area of the winding curtain and the surface of the horizontal support beam.
CLEAN ROOM FACILITY
Very high hygienic levels are achieved thanks to:
-Basic structure componets made of materials , certified for use in food processing areas, which can be washed down with aggressive cleaning chemicals.
– No side brushes or wipe liners which may house bacteria nests.
– Special side tracks featuring one piece construction and no corners.
– High pressure wash down possibility also for the curtain winding drum.
This door is usually fitted with a standard COIL electronic control panel, fail-open mode, with a 3-phase 400 V. 50 Hz. mains supply. The ride up speed has been set to 0.9 m/sec.
Upon request, a control panel with inverter, 230 V-.single phase can be supplied. This optional control panel allows a choice of different curtain speed, both for ride up and descent, with a max, ride up speed to 1,2 m/sec.